Makes 9 Servings
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce)
2 cups fresh or frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon).
3. Put half of the dry ingredients into the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the berries. Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
4. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and pour over the dry mix in baking dish. Add the rest of the berries on top. Gently move baking dish back and forth to get wet ingredients
down into the oat mixture.
5. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Most of the liquid should be gone.
Many kinds of fruit can be used in this recipe, including canned fruits (drain before adding to recipe).